While pre-orders have generally become more popular lately, some companies manage them differently so, with this page, we will explain what pre-orders are, how they fit with our pricing model, and how they will work for the various products we launch as pre-orders.
What is a pre-order?
A pre-order is an order placed on our site in advance of the product being in the warehouse and ready to ship (including team uniform orders).
All other (in-stock) orders will generally ship from our warehouse within 1 or 2 business days of the online checkout. For pre-orders, we will always state an expected ship date for the item and orders will ship within 2 business days after the inventory arrives in our warehouse. As an incentive for placing a pre-order and waiting for delivery, we offer pre-order discounts based on how far in advance the pre-order is from the delivery date.
Pre-order discounts may vary on individual future products but, as a general rule, discounts will be higher the further in advance you order and decrease over time until the product is available and then set to regular price.
- Tier 1: 40% off our everyday price (about 60% off of the Retail Value)
- Tier 2: 30% off our everyday price (about 50% off of the Retail Value)
- Once in-stock: Regular, Direct-2-You price (30-40% off of the Retail Value)
How pre-orders work in detail
1. Items available for pre-order will be marked on our site as such and the product page will also reflect the expected ship date.
2. The price for the item will reflect the pre-order discount.
3. The checkout process works the same as for normal in-stock orders. Your credit card will be charged at time of checkout, you will receive an initial confirmation email as well as follow-up emails alerting you to when your order is being processed in the warehouse and then a shipping confirmation email with your tracking number.
4. You may cancel a pre-order at any time up until it is actively being processed by the warehouse. After that point, the item may ship but our no-hassle Returns/Exchanges policy always applies.
If you have any other questions about how AKOVA | SHRED DOG pre-orders work, please contact us at email@example.com.